Over the years, many of our clients have asked what information we need to help us provide accurate estimates. To help speed along your quote, we suggest putting together as much information as you can before sitting down with your designer.
In the following checklist, you’ll find the basic information every initial project brief should contain.
FDI Project Checklist:
- Project brief. This is the key information about your project.
- What product or service is being promoted?
- Who is your target market?
- What are the benefits of your product or service?
- What is the target market’s attitude toward your product or service?
- Describe your channels of distribution.
- What key message(s) do you wish to get across?
- Key contact names, numbers, and e-mail addresses.
- Project deadline.
- Budget – if available.
- Competitor information.
- Available images if required – such as photographs, illustrations, or graphs/charts.
- Services required – such as design, copywriting, printing, website development, etc.
You can never start with too much information. The more we have up front, the better our team can cover all the basis both in quoting and guiding you towards the best decisions for your marketing campaign.
We hope you find this information useful in preparing your next project! We would love to have your ideas or feedback so please feel free to add your comments.